I’m a happy person. I like getting up each day, I enjoy being around my friends, I love my wife, I have a nice family, I love my pets, and I’m incredibly lucky to be in the current life position I’m in right now. I know it. It’s great. How did I get here, I often wonder.
However, I cannot help but find myself frustrated, depressed, dismayed and downright angered by the behavior of most of the people I encounter on a daily basis. The selfish, greed, and distracted far outnumber the humble, sincere, decent, and responsible folks. It’s a sad fact of reality these days in modern America.
I’m a social person and I live in an urban area, so I can’t get away from people. And, I wouldn’t want to because there are plenty of great people in the world and plenty of great people in my life. However, it’s almost becoming a challenge to go out and not be surrounded by completely selfish assholes. Since I’m not allowed to openly cull the herd of these bastards, I’ll have to learn how to simply loathe them. Here is a running list of people who deserve to be put down so the rest of us, those who give a fucking shit about the world, don’t have to deal with them.
– Automobile drivers who text or drive one-handed
– Automobile drivers who refused to use their headlights in low light conditions, such as driving rainstorms
– People who walk around oblivious to the world, while they play with their mobile phone
– People who habitually run reds lights and break the speed limit
– People who don’t clean up after their pets in public spaces
– People who drive jumbo cars/trucks for no reason
– People dealing with self-induced health problems (smokers, obesers, drug abusers)
– People who drive a car everywhere, despite having access to things like walking, riding a bicycle, skipping, or taking the bus
– People who use dental flosser contraptions and throw them on the sidewalk
– People who don’t recycle
– People who don’t compost
– People of means who still consume corporate/chain/fast food on a regular basis